- Applicants must have at least four (4) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, technical or professional experience in Civil Engineering work.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of design engineering principles, standards and practices applicable to the layout, detail design, and specifications required for the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges in the City of Boston.
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in City of Boston Construction Standards and the ability to review and comment on new products that are developed; knowledge in development of specifications in the desired format for advertised contracts; familiarity with City of Boston Standard Specification, Boston Water and Sewer Commission Standards, and Massachusetts Highway Department Specification.
- Ability to interpret reports; ability to design and review ramps.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Must have and maintain a current Massachusetts driver's license.
Boston Residency Required
Salary: $70,084.99 - $96,911.27
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: AFSCME/RA-19A
Hours per week: 35