THIS JOB CLOSES AT 11:59 P.M. PACIFIC TIME ON JANUARY 6, 2021.
$93,740.40 - $115,228.80 Annually
The City of Auburn Parks, Arts, & Recreation Department is looking for a talented new Parks Maintenance Manager to join our team! In this position, you will perform managerial and technical work with responsibility for planning and organizing the maintenance operations and activities of the City’s Park resources.
The City has over 30 park facilities, covering over 600 acres of park land, 30 common areas, and over 50 beautification areas! To get an idea of what we have and where in terms of those parks, check out this interactive map.
Our ideal candidate is known for their knowledge of park facility maintenance, commitment to embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and excellent supervisory skills.
In this role you will:
- Manage the work of full-time, regular staff, and numerous seasonal employees engaged in the maintenance, repair, and construction of the City's parks systems and beautification areas. You'll check materials and quality of work, organize and provide direction to volunteer/work groups including, but not limited to, the high school horticulture clubs, Auburn Garden Club, and Eagle Scout projects in support of Parks goals.
- Manage the division's work order system and track all activities. You'll be responsible for all maintenance related to athletic complexes, neighborhood parks, dog parks, skate parks, and outdoor recreation sites.
- Design parks layouts, irrigation plans, and facility plans to make the best use of available land and ensure maintenance ease and safety.
- Evaluate current practices, make recommendations, and implement changes. You'll be assisting in the development and implementation of long- and short-range goals and objectives, as well as policy and procedure development.
- Develop, prioritize, and ensure completion of a comprehensive list of current and planned projects/jobs with dates of completion/estimated dates of completion.
- Prepare and manage/administer the annual budget for Parks Maintenance and minor construction projects, monitoring and controlling budget expenditures. You'll maintain detailed accounting of personnel, material, equipment, and parts costs. In addition, you will prepare, review, and receive bids for Parks Maintenance projects, meeting with contractors, and coordinating/inspecting their work for quality control.
While these duties will be some of the primary focuses of this job, the full job description includes a more comprehensive list of responsibilities. Click here to review the class specification.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Horticulture, Parks & Recreation Administration, or related field
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in park facility maintenance
- Two (2) years of work-related supervisory experience
- A valid WA State Drivers License (at time of appointment)
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that would demonstrate the ability to successfully perform the primary responsibilities for this position
We would LOVE it if if you had...
- A valid First Aid & CPR certification (If not, you will be required to obtain it within six (6) months of appointment)
To view the full job announcement and to apply, click here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/auburn/jobs/2935448/parks-maintenance-manager