Salary Range: $72,118 - $101,715
This is a demanding administrative, supervisory and field-oriented position responsible for the coordination and execution of programs, services and seasonal activities in the Department’s subdivisions to assure exceptional services and results. Participation in the Department’s administrative functions will include budgetary processes, purchasing, and staff administration responsibilities.
Typical Duties Include:
- Supervises and plans the activities associated with the physical maintenance of roads, sidewalks, bridges and other infrastructure, park lands, buildings, park furniture, historical facilities, monuments, waterfronts, street trees, public grounds and trees, athletic facilities, gardens, greenhouses, and natural recreation areas to insure the safe use by the public.
- Directs administrative and operational staff and other resources in the daily operations of the department including daily functions, permits, environmental impact, complaints, public inquiries, and fiscal issues affecting the performance of the department.
- Consults with the Division Supervisors on daily operations and the scheduling of (short & long term) projects, productivity, required documentation, records and reports.
- Works to move the department to better utilize GIS as an operating technology to better improve department effectiveness, to maximize service and reduce costs.
- Monitors divisional operations ensuring conformance with department standards, policies, permits and statutory provisions.
- Assists all administrative efforts associated with budget (annual and capital) preparations, fiscal management and accountability required for responsible record keeping efforts involving the work being performed.
- Assists in all Parks and Public Works personnel issues involving work tasks, union disputes and working conditions consistent with Civil Service requirements and approved Union agreements.
- Participates in the planning and administration of capital projects for public works, park lands and buildings.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in Park Administration, Public Administration, Management, Construction Administration, Horticulture, Engineering or related fields; Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance operations at the management level;
- Considerable experience working with various levels of staff in the efforts to improve department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of park maintenance management.
- Considerable knowledge of public administration including municipal budgeting, accounting and purchasing.
- Considerable knowledge and aptitude in the interpretation of plans and specifications associated with public works related projects including construction and maintenance methods and techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of refuse collection, waste disposal, street cleaning, snow removal, flood control procedures, equipment use and associated maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with technology-based programs such as GIS based work orders and asset management systems.
- Knowledge and application of the principles of engineering practices associated with the maintenance of roads, bridges, sidewalks, building, grounds and drainage facilities.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DMV, EPA, DEEP and relevant Building Regulations.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
1) Go to https://www.jobapscloud.com/oec/NewHaven/
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.