We’re looking for a motivated and experienced professional to take on the role of Solid Waste Program Manager. You will manage the Solid Waste Section in the Public Works Department, receiving direction from the Assistant Public Works Director (Transportation and Business Services) and managing the Solid Waste staff.
• Develop and implement strategic plans for reducing solid waste disposal in landfills.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Solid Waste Section staff.
• Negotiate and manage refuse collection, processing, disposal and recycling services contracts.
• Supervise and review consultants providing technical assistance for solid waste collection and disposal, recycling, public education and regulatory compliance.
• Act as a liaison with private industry, consultants, local, State and Federal agencies, City officials and the public.
• Prepare and conduct staff presentations at City Council meetings and public hearings on solid waste and recycling issues, and represent the City in community and professional meetings.
• Develop, prepare and administer the Solid Waste Section budget, and prepare complex expenditure and revenue forecasts.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with City, County, State and Federal solid waste laws and regulations.