The City of Cedar Hill, TX is seeking an innovative, community-oriented servant leader ready to join its municipal family as the next Public Works Director!
Nestled 20 minutes southwest of downtown Dallas, the City of Cedar Hill borders the eastern shore of Joe Pool Lake and Cedar Hill State Park. This thriving suburb’s lush, tree-lined rolling hills and wide-open green space allow for hikes, bike rides and other outdoor recreational opportunities, and from specialty boutiques in historic downtown to enjoying a day on Joe Pool Lake, the community has found a perfect balance of big-city amenities and small-town charm.
What you bring to the role:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Candidates must also have at least seven (7) years of related experience, which can include a combination of Senior Engineer, City Engineer & Public Works Director experience with at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Candidates must also possess the following licenses/certifications:
- Valid Texas Driver License (or ability to obtain)
- Professional Engineer License