Supervises and coordinates operations and maintenance activities of public works field crews, including administration, streets including snow removal, meters, water operations excluding irrigation, and storm drainage operations by performing the following duties.
• Ensures the department works as a team by providing information, resources and adapting work schedules to accomplish goals set for the department by the Director of Public Works.
• Oversees recruitment, hiring selection, training and staff development with regard to schedule and use of equipment.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow; standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Addresses residents, staff, and Board inquiries concerning Town programs and activities.
• Responds to common inquiries or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies and members of the business community.
• Assesses division needs for capital improvements and manages projects.
• Prepares budget requests to include expenditures for equipment, supply purchases, and personnel costs; prepares requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and materials.
• Manages contracts, administers terms of agreements, and approves payment for work completed.
• Ensures compliance of water distribution and storm water operations according to applicable state and federal standards.
• Prepares, reviews staff reports and board agenda items.
• Prepares bid packages for maintenance and capital projects.
• Acts as project manager on Town-wide maintenance projects.
• Reviews street designs for compliance with Town standards.
• Reviews preconstruction and infrastructure plans.
• Conducts routine inspections of Town’s infrastructure, including streets, sewer and drainage areas to identify deficiencies and safety hazards; recommends and implements projects and repairs to remedy the deficiencies
• Oversees and coordinates all snow removal operations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED); Bachelor's degree in construction management, public or business administration or a related field is preferred
• Five years progressively responsible experience in Public Works operations.
• Three years of increased supervisory or lead worker experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.