Salary: $63,380.00 - $104,520.00 Annually
The City of Glenn Heights seeks a Director of Public Works and Infrastructure. The Director monitors and directs the work of:
- Water Distribution
- Street Maintenance and Construction
- Metering Services
- Parks Maintenance
- Stormwater Management and Engineering
Provides long-term and strategic planning for the City's public projects; may prepare specifications and approves purchases of materials, supplies, and equipment; manages the scheduling of manpower and equipment.
Works with developers, contractors, construction managers, property owners and staff for the design and construction of water distribution/wastewater collection, streets and stormwater management (drainage) projects.
Reviews and comments on City ordinances and current/proposed areas of land development, infrastructure, and capital improvements; reviews planning and zoning submittals and provides recommendations to City Planner. Make presentations to the City Council as required.
Represents the City on various state and local boards and commissions.
Understands and applies federal, state and local regulations, as well as City ordinances relating to development.
Evaluates and responds to issues and concerns raised by citizens and city officials.
Prepares annual budget; tracks and reports monthly variances to plan; oversees Capital Improvements plans.
Serves as the City's Flood Plain Manager.
Reviews and revises Public Works Department's policies and procedures.
Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff; prepares performance evaluations, counsels and interviews employees' on-the-job performance, resolves informal complaints and grievances and takes necessary disciplinary action in accordance with City policies.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, and
A minimum of seven (7) years' increasingly responsible recent experience in civil engineering inclusive of five (5) years' civil engineering design experience with a consulting firm or a municipality, and
Three (3) years' supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge in municipal public works such as planning, design, maintenance, and construction.
- Knowledge in municipal solid waste landfill planning, design, maintenance, and construction.
- Knowledge in principles of budget preparation and expenditure control.
- Knowledge in applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public works and solid waste functions.
- Knowledge in Principles of Effective Management Skills.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement municipal public works and solid waste programs/projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of public works and landfill personnel.
- Ability to analyze organizational and administrative problems, recommend alternative courses of action, and provide leadership to others in implementing such actions.
- Ability to prepare and create clear and comprehensive written reports.
- Maintain strong relationships with the city officials, employees, contractors, the general public, and representatives of other agencies.
- Experience in evaluating and training staff.