The Salida Sanitary District is accepting applications for the position of MAINTENANCE MECHANIC. Candidate will support the wastewater treatment plant and collection system with responsibilities to install, maintain and repair engines, generators, pumps, and related equipment.
The ideal candidate will have experience with repairing heavy mechanical equipment and machinery. The MAINTENANCE MECHANIC performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks associated with the maintenance of the Salida Sanitary District's wastewater treatment plant, collection system and lift stations. Demonstrated continuous improvement and teamwork are key elements for a successful candidate.
Maintenance Mechanic's typical responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and service facilities, machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, engines, compressors, ventilation blower units, and automated pneumatic and robotic systems.
- Perform regular scheduled preventive maintenance work on plant, lift station and pumping station equipment, and close-out work orders through a computer maintenance management system.
- Solicit bids and purchase equipment, parts and tools with prior management approval.
- Design, fabricate and assemble a variety of equipment specialty tools, as required.
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical and electrical malfunctions.
- Perform and participate in confined space entries; adhere to all health and safety practices, as defined by policies of the Salida Sanitary District and regulations of Cal/OSHA.
- Clean, lubricate and perform routine maintenance of plant and lift station equipment; assist in the routine maintenance of machinery, equipment, piping and structures; and assist in the general maintenance of plant grounds.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and the public by using principles of good customer services.
- Availability of working overtime to respond to emergencies after-hours and weekends.
For the complete JOB DESCRIPTION, please visit www.salidasanitary.net.
Any combination of education, experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the operation and maintenance of pumps, engines, compressors, and related equipment.
License or Certificates: The applicant must be in the possession of a California Class C Driver’s License. Possession of a State of California Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate is required within one-year of assignment.
Send a detailed resume with a complete work history and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final Filing Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 3:00 p.m.