The City of Chandler Development Services Department Civil Engineering Division is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Public Works Inspector. The position available is a full-time position with a Monday – Friday 7am –4pm., work schedule.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers, and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Who we are:
The City of Chandler Development Services team, consisting of 83 positions, provides sound land use planning strategies, responsible design development standards, and high quality, safety compliant infrastructure in all areas of Development Services, including planning, GIS, building safety, development engineering, telecommunications and utility franchise, City fiber, transportation engineering, and customer service and permits.
We are a progressive and innovative team that partners with the development community, contractors, other departments, and citizens to deliver quality services in support of the City of Chandler's Mission and Values.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have knowledge in the following:
- Current civil construction methods and specifications for private development and public infrastructure projects;
- Public water, sanitary sewer, asphalt, concrete, drainage, grading and paving plan interpretation
- Inspection, enforcement, and review of City and MAG codes and specifications as applied to construction sites, testing methods for project acceptance;
- Standard construction practices and procedures for field inspections;
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
- Four (4) years’ experience in public works construction inspection work or related field; and
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- America Concrete Inspection Certification;
- Arizona Technical Testing Institute Certification;
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Certification;
- America Public Works Association (APWA) Certification
To view the complete job classification, click here
The position available is a full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for six (6) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment MVRRS (Motor Vehicle Record Request System) check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants, 18 years of age and older, selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler’s policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
Salary: $28.51 - $39.20 Hourly
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation