Salary: Up to $60,802/annually
This position will complete computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) functions, gathering data, and following standards for drafting construction plans, reviewing to ensure compliance with CADD data standards and MnDOT’s design standards. Create construction plan cross-sections and assist with construction limits and earthwork computations ensuring standards are met. Multiple positions are available.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
• Earn 13 days paid sick time
• Defined pension plan
• Vision insurance available
• Paid life insurance
• Short & long-term disability available
• Paid parental leave available
• Training opportunities
• And more!
Please note that this position is being posted at two different levels.
At the TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST SENIOR level:
• Two years of experience performing design activities which must include GEOPAK Coordinate Geometry (COGO) or equivalent or related activities.
• A combination of one year experience performing preliminary design, roadway or bridge construction, materials, soils, surveys, and/or right of way or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience performing design activities.
Note: A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four-year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (In order for education coursework to be considered in lieu of work experience you must submit a copy of your transcripts).
At the TRANSPORTATION GENERALIST level:
One (1) year of experience utilizing computer-aided drafting and designing (CADD) or related activities.
Note: A Two year Civil or Construction Technology Degree or the following four-year degrees: Architectural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering; Land Surveying / Geomatics; or equivalent may substitute for one year of experience. (provide transcripts).
APPLY ONLINE BY 6/29/2022:
1. Go to
2. Click “External Applicants”.
3. On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “53033” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
4. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
5. Click Apply.
6. When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other - APWA.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.