James City County’s General Services Department seeks an individual to perform advanced work supervising staff and planning and overseeing maintenance and repair actions for the Grounds Maintenance Division.
$55,653 / year or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work and related activities.
• Coordinates all activities to maintain all County, parks and school grounds to include landscape areas, roadway maintenance, trails, parking areas, ball courts, athletic fields and stormwater facilities.
• Assists with the oversight of contracts and supports developing new contracts
• Maintains computerized maintenance management system for the division, including scheduling preventive and corrective maintenance, coordinates maintenance and repair with external agencies.
• Reviews plans and specifications, recommends modifications to existing infrastructure and coordinates various maintenance projects.
• Promotes and ensures training, proper work site protection techniques and compliance with the County safety program and departmental safety procedures; ensures equipment, materials and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents. Conducts safety training as assigned; performs administrative duties including preparation of work logs, field and facility reports.
• Acts in the absence of Parks and Grounds Maintenance Superintendent.