Salary: $112,000 - $135,000 DOQ
The Director of Public Works will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to a highly respected municipal department in a thriving downstate community. The Urbana Public Works Department supports the City’s strategic vision by maintaining, constructing and improving the City’s infrastructure and environmental footprint. The Public Works Department preserves the quality of life for the citizens, visitors, businesses and government agencies (both within the city and surrounding areas). The department strives to provide prompt and courteous service in a professional, efficient and cost-effective manner to safeguard the safety, health and welfare of those they serve.
The City seeks a new leader with outstanding management and leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate, relate and communicate effectively to a broad range of people both internally and in the community. A demonstrated commitment to staff development and involvement, with intentional focus on developing future leadership for the department and City, is paramount. The next leader will possess exceptional aptitude to anticipate and solve problems, identify alternative courses of action and prepare proactive recommendations.
The Director is responsible for the overall leadership and oversight of the department, providing counsel, motivation, and constructive performance feedback to all staff assigned in support of the mission and strategic goals of the Public Works Department. In addition, the selected candidate:
- Manages all Public Works Department services and activities and develops, recommends, and administers policies and procedures;
- Serves as a technical advisor to the Mayor, City Council, City Administrator, citizen groups, individuals, contractors and others, on departmental issues;
- Represents the City in negotiations with other agencies, utilities, groups and individuals on a wide variety of issues pertinent to public works;
- Oversees all financial aspects of the department including preparing annual budget requests and reviewing compensation and fringe benefits annually;
- Establishes, in accordance with City policy, appropriate service and staffing levels and monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures;
- Develops and retains highly competent, customer service-oriented staff; and
- Maintains effective relations with other governmental officials, community leaders, citizens, news media representatives, etc.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate will also possess at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience, at least six (6) of which were at a management and supervisory level. Prior experience managing in a collective bargaining environment is helpful.
For full position profile/brochure and application instructions, please visit: www.polihire.com.
This position is open until filled; however, first review of applications will take place after December 7, 2018. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to submit materials prior to this date.