The Civil Engineer II performs professional engineering work in one or more functional areas including project management, design, transportation, development review, and construction. The Civil Engineer II may coordinate internal or external projects with developers, contractors, other municipalities or districts, and City staff. This is a journey level position in a job series and requires the ability to perform assigned tasks independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews traffic reports, construction plans, traffic control and access plans, traffic studies, construction materials and testing reports, surveys, subdivision plats, annexation maps, building permits, and final inspections
- Implements the City's traffic calming policy
- Manages small signage & striping projects from development of scope to completion of project
- Oversees annual traffic count program
- Conducts various traffic studies including speed analysis, signal warrant analysis, etc.
- Reviews and comments on large and complex development proposals, construction, and public improvement project plans
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and programs to expedite the achievement of department and City goals
- Administer various programs and contracts as assigned
- Analyzes operational data and reports
- Reviews invoices from contractors and consultants, and makes payment recommendations
- Prepares cost and materials estimates
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and Engineer Intern (EI) or Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) certification is required. Two years experience in Civil Engineering or closely related field is required. Must possess a valid driver's license.