Salary: $107,064.00 - $142,380.00 Annually + Benefits
The City of Oak Harbor is seeking a talented professional engineer to join our team in our unique community as our next City Engineer. This is a great opportunity to live and work in one of the most beautiful places in Washington State that takes pride in it's history and quality of life! If you're looking to take the next step in your career we'd love to hear from you!
Please see city details and full posting at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oakharbor
City Engineer Job Summary
Under general direction of the Public Works Director, the City Engineer is responsible for the leadership and management of the Engineering Division. Plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day activities of the Engineering division. Oversees major utility studies. Serves as the responsible engineer for the design, preparation of plans and specifications, and construction of public works projects; supervises site development plan reviews and construction inspections; ensures compliance with City codes, ordinances, and engineering practices and standards; administers consultant contracts; coordinates policy issues through the Director and supervises assigned personnel.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline such as construction management.
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Six (6) years of broad and extensive experience in engineering, including significant demonstrated experience in infrastructure planning, funding, design and construction.
- Two (2) years’ experience in directing, managing, and supervising professional and technical staff.
- Experience in local municipal government and public-sector environment preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Washington, or the ability to become registered within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State Driver’s License within one (1) month of hire date.
- Must pass background and driving record checks.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions may be considered.