Under limited supervision, conducts monitoring and permitting services to industrial and commercial users discharging non-domestic wastewater into the sanitary sewer; to implement, enforce and promote the District's Pretreatment and Fats Oils and Grease (FOG) Programs; to conduct field inspections and enforcement activities; to provide information on applicable waste rules and regulations, performs related work as assigned.
- Inspects a variety of commercial and industrial businesses to ensure compliance with District and regulatory requirements regarding composition and quantity of discharges into the Districts wastewater collection system. Prepares court-admissible documentation of all inspection activities.
- Evaluates wastewater discharge from industrial and commercial users to determine quantity and quality of discharge for billing purposes.
- Conducts sampling and monitoring at commercial and industrial facilities as well as in the District's wastewater collection system. Determines appropriate sampling procedure and prepares appropriate documentation of each monitoring event involving discharges into the Districts wastewater collection system.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
The right person for this role will possess the following credentials:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level coursework in chemistry, biology, and/or computer science.
- CWEA Environmental Compliance Inspector Grade II Certificate.
- CWEA Collection System Maintenance Grade II Certificate is desirable.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’ll need a combination of the following to succeed in this position:
- Three years of technical experience in wastewater systems and two years of technical experience in environmental compliance.
How to apply: https://www.jcsd.us/services/human-resources/career-opportunities