This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, coordination, and supervision of the Road and Bridge Division operational functions. This position performs a variety of managerial and supervisory duties to oversee and facilitate daily operations.
Salary: $73,866.00 - $118,014.00 Annually
Please view the recruitment brochure for this position which provides more information about the position, our department, and our community: https://www.arapahoegov.com/DocumentCenter/View/9830/Road-and-Bridge-Manager_Recruitment.
Some of the benefits of working for PWD include:
- 15 days (120 hours) of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays (96 hours) and 1 additional floating holiday (8 hours) per year
- 12 days (96 hours) of paid sick leave per year
- 3-day weekends with a normal work schedule of Monday-Thursday 10-hours per day (subject to operational needs)
- Training and development opportunities to help you grow in your professional career
- Comprehensive health insurance and retirement plan
- Actively participates and coordinates the hiring, onboarding, and performance management of assigned personnel. Manages, trains, and evaluates the work of supervisors and staff. Recommends the hiring, promotion, evaluation, and corrective action when needed of employees.
- Schedules daily, monthly and annual work assignments. Coordinates and appraises the performance of supervisors and employees. Assists the Road and Bridge Division Manager in other planning and administrative functions for the Road and Bridge Division.
- Collaborates with the Division Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Supervisors and/or others to determine and implement annual maintenance programs, policies and standards. Assumes a lead role to schedule work assignments to accomplish positive results. May be required to act as the division head in the absence of the Division Manager.
- Provides necessary information to the Infrastructure Manager and staff to develop and maintain asset maintenance history. Collaborates with Road and Bridge management team to measure the effectiveness of maintenance activities. Works collaboratively with the Division Manager and Infrastructure Manager, as well as Supervisors and/or others to determine the best maintenance practices to effectively maintain County assets.
- Works closely with the Division Manager and others to ensure finances are expended efficiently. This duty may include but is not limited to preparing and making recommendations to annual budget, creation of purchase requests and transfers, pay requests, change orders, monitoring available funds and/or managing the execution of various contracts.
- Partners with the Infrastructure Manager, Supervisors, Lead Workers and others to develop and refine the best maintenance practices to effectively maintain the County's infrastructure assets. Stays abreast of latest materials, techniques, construction methods and industry trends and works with the Infrastructure Manager to implement these best management practices.
- Ensures that citizen service requests are responded to and resolved according to the Customer Service Guidelines established by the Division. Works effectively in a safe manner with others and independently.
- Manages inventory and material usage, to include ordering, tracking, and verifying delivery of quantities and invoices. Responsible for ensuring usage and purchase of products is within County policy and procedures.
- Ensures availability of equipment for work crews and works with Fleet Services and Purchasing Manager to ensure timely maintenance and replacement of equipment.
- Responsible for the creation of vehicle and equipment specifications and purchases.
- Bachelor's Degree in public administration, construction management, engineering or other related field required.
Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be considered.
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in road and bridge operations and maintenance required.
- Five (5) years of supervisory or management experience required.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires successful completion of pre-employment background and motor vehicle checks.
- Possession of a Colorado Class 'C' driver's license mandatory, or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment.
Apply online at: