**Note: This opportunity is open to ALL applicants who meet required qualifications. This recruitment announcement will remain open until the position is filled. Application screening will take place weekly. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit application materials as soon as possible.
Pierce Transit is an independent municipal organization, dedicated to fulfilling the mission of improving people's quality of life by providing safe, reliable, innovative, and useful transportation services that are locally based and regionally connected.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position of Contract Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for the preparation and administration of Public Works construction Contracts, and Personal, Professional, and Purchased Services Agreements, including both pre-award and post-award contract functions. At Pierce Transit, the Contract Coordinator serves as the point of contact for communication, issue resolution and partnership with external agencies and provides contract administration mentorship, training, education and guidance to Agency staff, outside agencies, members of the public and other representatives. We are in search of candidates with experience providing high-level procurement and contract processing with subject matter expertise in public works and other types of contract administration.
The following functions are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Oversees the procurement and administration of assigned contracts
- Coordinates, reviews, and tracks contract requirements, terms and conditions, and special provisions to ensure fiscal integrity and adherence to contract terms, agency policies, and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Collects, prepares, reviews, interprets and analyzes operational reports and contractor performance and compliance. Identifies trends affecting service to recommend solutions. Coordinate with transit partners to improve performance standards.
- Prepares reports and processes invoices for payment.
- Issues contract amendments and change orders, monitors contract expiration dates and verifies bonding and insurance to meet specific project requirements; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws, including, but not limited to prevailing wages, contractor qualifications, and controls and agreements.
- Participates in the development of service changes, contract changes, audits and other operational issues.
- Makes recommendations and processes contracts using non-competitive processes.
- Conducts pre-bid meetings. Prepares and processes bids and proposals. Processes purchase orders.
- Assists in monitoring and administering the departmental budget. Prepares cost estimates to assist with budget recommendations.
- Serves as a technical resource and assists or advises internal staff, agencies, the general public, and/or other representatives regarding requests for information and/or inquiries.
- Displays regular and consistent attendance.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and
- Three (3) years of experience in public procurement or contract administration.
- Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Public sector experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Public procurement principles, procedures, and methods
- Applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations
- Cost accounting principles and practices
- Public Works Construction contracting processes, principles, and methods
- Business English
- Standard office procedures
- Applicable software applications
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature (multi-tasking)
- Communications (verbal and written)
- Customer service
- Contract negotiation
- Organizational/time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer and database skills
- Plan, implement, and complete projects
- Research and interpret complex contractual documents
- Analyze and interpret fiscal, statistical, and related information
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Conduct research and prepare reports and documentation
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Regularly meets expectations for work schedule, accomplishing assignments, and serving as a source of supply and support for the department, customers, and/or the organization.
- Demonstrates responsibility for, and handles accurately, the details associated with one’s work.
- Working effectively and productively with others, sometimes in a team setting. Working cooperatively, effectively and productively with internal and external customers.
- Speaks, writes, and listens effectively in a variety of circumstances, sharing information and ideas with others.
- Knowledgeable of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems, and programs.
- Effectively and reliably accomplishing assignments and fulfilling the position responsibilities with minimal supervision, taking responsibility for personal work tasks. Produces a regular volume of output processed.
Licensing, certifications & other legal requirements
- Individuals must pass a background check.
Any required education must come from an accredited college or university whose accreditation is recognized by the U S Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or foreign equivalent.
To be considered for this vacancy you must apply online:
- The online application must include a chronological work and/or education history covering ten years.
- Applicants must also attach a cover letter stating how they meet the qualifications for the position in order to be considered.
- At least 3 professional references to include a recent or current supervisor with names, email addresses and current phone numbers.
READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION COMPLETELY:
- Carefully review your application for accuracy, spelling and grammar before submitting.
- Please ensure that your work history has been updated to include employment end dates as applicable.
- The initial screening of applications will be solely based on the information provided in the supplemental questions and the content and completeness of the "work experience" and "education" sections of your application at www.piercetransit/careers/.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "work experience" section of the application.
- All information may be verified and documentation may be required.
For questions regarding this recruitment or assistance with the application process, please contact Pierce Transit Employee Services @ 253-581-8095 or email@example.com
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please call NEOGOV toll-free at (855) 524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pierce Transit Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Pierce Transit has a strong commitment to the community we serve and our employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Pierce Transit's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation