Public Works Director – Village of Lisbon, Wisconsin (pop. 10,523). Located in lake country in north central Waukesha County, Lisbon is primarily a residential community encompassing approximately 30 square miles. Lisbon is a rural community featuring three private golf courses and 170 acres of parks. Continued growth and development, combined with an enviable lifestyle amid beautiful settings and outdoor recreation options, make Lisbon an exciting professional and personal choice.
Lisbon is a recently incorporated Village and includes staff (19 full-time employees) There are currently five full-time public works employees, two full-time parks employees, a part-time winter snowplow driver and summer seasonals. The Village currently has approximately 100 miles of roadway and approximately five miles of sanitary sewer and various stormwater infrastructure.
The Public Works & Utilities Director is a direct report to the Village Administrator. The Director is considered a “working” director as they are expected to perform tasks in the field as well as be an integral part of snow removal maintain their own route. The Director is responsible for all day-to-day operations and supervision of all public works and parks department field staff and projects. Experience in sanitary sewer, stormwater, and transportation services such as road construction and maintenance are necessary. The ability to interpret plans and specifications as well as manage contracts and projects are equally important. You can view the full position description here.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an energetic and ethical professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Have a record of problem solving, decisiveness and approachability.
- Adeptness at working with a variety of stakeholders including the general public, contractors, and contracted professional staff.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Have clear, concise, and open communication skills.
- The ability to supervise and manage staff with diverse expertise and experience.
Candidates should also have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, as outlined below:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with an associate degree preferred.
- Training and experience in stormwater operations
- CDL- with air brake certificate
- At least four to seven years of experience in a related field, with some government experience preferred but not required.
- Construction and maintenance of roadways and bridges.
- Manage contracted engineering and other professional services.
- Keep accurate reports and records of operations and projects.
- Perform various related tasks such as carpentry, masonry, and other maintenance activities.
The salary range is $87,241 - $113,413 DOQ. The Village offers a competitive full benefit package including the Wisconsin Retirement System and a Health Insurance plan.
Candidates should apply by March 1st, 2024, with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of David De Angelis, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Tel: 224-326-1280. The Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.