Established in 1989, Transtech's distinguished team has a broad mix of multi-disciplinary expertise and is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm which provides full contract municipal engineering services to local agencies. Our staff members serve public agencies in various capacities, including City Engineer, City Traffic Engineer, Building Official, Planner, Project Manager, and Inspector. Our staff members have a broad knowledge of municipal government operations, including preparation and presentation of staff reports/resolutions to city councils, committees and interaction with public, various city departments, city council and other governmental agencies.
Transtech Engineers, Inc. is seeking a qualified Public Works/Construction Inspector with experience in Public Works Projects and Construction/Project Management. The qualified individual must have knowledge in overseeing technical phases of construction, directing public works projects with extensive experience in development, and maintaining new business and client relationships. Public Works/Construction Inspector performs inspection of public improvements and Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), including contract administration, to ensure conformance with contract specifications and special provisions, approved plans, and compliance with all required regulations, codes and standards, and performs other related work.
- Perform detailed inspections of public works capital improvement construction projects and development construction projects
- Prepare detailed project inspection reports and perform related duties as assigned
- Perform thorough construction project site inspections of public works
- Inspect capital project work sites and assess construction performance
- Analyze, interpret, prepare and make recommendations on detailed construction plans, specifications, drawings, sketches, diagrams and related codes/regulations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with City management, staff, contractors, the public, and others encountered in the course of work
- Work independently and efficiently to carry out assignments
- 2+ years of Public Works Inspection experience.
- Knowledge of methods and practices of public works construction inspection
- Surveying principles and methods
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of City construction codes and specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to inspect construction projects to ensure compliance with construction specifications, standards and codes
- Valid CA Class “C” Driver's License
Position may require prolonged sitting, walking, standing or ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Ability to drive to job sites within Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, and Riverside County.
We want to make your professional development rewarding through offering highly competitive salaries, generous benefits packages to fit your needs, all while achieving a health work/life balance.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Jury Duty
- 401(k) Retirement
Salary is based on candidate’s qualifications.
Transtech Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.