Salary: $93,753.46 - 125,638.60
The City of Monrovia has an amazing opportunity for an individual who is willing to drive towards transformational outcomes. We are looking for someone to help sustain the natural resources and historical vitality within the City to continue a thriving community for people who live, play, and work in Monrovia. This position will analyze, supervise, and coordinate Public Works capital improvement projects, represent the City and serve as a liaison with architects, engineers, contractors, City departments, and community groups. We need an individual that is hardworking, passionate, and dedicated. Who thrives to be a strategic problem-solver and continuously looks for ways to be efficient. If you are intrigued by this opportunity, you should apply now!
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing operational responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Develop RFPs and Competitive Procurements in adherence to California Public Contracts Code and City Purchasing Policy;
- Develop CIP Budgets and Needs Assessments and manage Project Budgets and Expenditures;
- Lead in working with the architects, engineers and contractors in the repair and construction of public spaces including but not limited to: Roads, Water, Sewer, and Facilities;
- Manage contracts with architects, engineers, and contractors; complying with local, state, and federal regulations;
- Manage Grant Funds and associated projects; and
- Support and promote excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the qualifications would be:
BA/BS in public administration, business administration, construction/project management or related field and five (5) years experience in project management. MA/MS desirable. Experience working with diverse groups and ability to exercise cultural sensitivity and awareness is highly desirable.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a valid Class C California Driver’s License and a good driving record.