Assistant City Engineer
$10,110 - $12,289 (per month), + Benefits
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in preparing, managing and implementing the City’s capital improvement program.
• Assist in managing the private development review process of public infrastructure, including
preliminary reviews, plan and map checks, inspections, and acceptance.
• Assist in managing the traffic engineering and traffic operations functions of Engineering.
• Assist in fiscal management of the Engineering Department projects and programs, including preparing,
monitoring, and controlling the budget.
• Assist in management of assessment district engineer’s reports and annexations.
• Assist in managing environmental programs and requirements including the stormwater program and
environmental clearances and permitting for the capital improvement program.
• Supervise subordinate staff, set work priorities, provide training, and conduct performance evaluations.
• As assigned, represent Engineering at City Council meetings, Planning Commission meetings, various
boards, and county, state, and federal agencies.
• Prepare staff reports for City Council and Water District Board.
• May act as City Engineer in his or her absence.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university AND five years of broad professional municipal engineering experience. Three of the five years of experience must be at a supervisory or management level.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Must possess a valid California class “C” driver’s license upon hire and maintain throughout the length of employment with the City of Victorville.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering by the State of California.