The City of San Marcos welcomes qualified applications for the position of Landscape Inspector I. Now is a great time to join the Inspection group of the Parks Division within Public Works, utilizing your talents to enhance our public works program in field inspections and ensuring that plan and design standard specifications are being met in various landscape projects throughout the city.
Don't delay -- applications will be accepted through 4:30pm, June 17th.
Salary: $76,045.00 - $99,222.00 Annually
Under general supervision, performs various duties related to the inspection of landscape maintenance and construction work performed by contractors for the City; performs field inspections of irrigation and landscaping installation by private contractors for City CIP projects, and privately constructed CFD projects, to ensure compliance with approved landscape plans, specifications, City standards, and/or maintenance contract provisions.
With immediate supervision, inspects construction and maintenance of irrigation and landscape improvements performed by private contractors, ensuring compliance with the plans, specifications, City standards, and maintenance agreements; coordinates and provides field direction.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Professional experience in field inspection responsibilities, including construction, irrigation, landscape and maintenance areas.
- Supplemental training and educational experience in relevant inspection related fields, including certification programs are desirable.
- Desire to serve the community of the City of San Marcos by increasing efficiencies with strong communication skills in working with internal staff member and external community partners.
- Earn a competitive salary - including a 2.00% salary range adjustment effective 7/1/2022
- Our 9/80 work week means you'll have every other Friday off
- Gain generous health benefits (all medical premiums employer paid at 90%)
- Enjoy ample time off (13 paid holidays, 96 hours of sick leave, 80 hours of vacation leave)
- Participate in the CalPERS retirement system (Classic members 2% @ 55, PEPRA members 2% @ 62) and Social Security
- Enhance your career taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program, up to $1,500 per fiscal year, which can also be used for student loan payments
Applications due by: 4:30pm, June 17
First Interviews: June 28th
Second Interviews: July 7th
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
High school diploma or equivalent required, supplemented by specialized training in landscape construction and maintenance technology and procedures.
Landscape Inspector I: Any combination of a minimum of four (4) years of responsible landscape construction or maintenance experience including both irrigation and plant material installation and maintenance. Up to two (2) years of relevant college level or professional level academic training may be substituted for two (2) of the four (4) years of construction or maintenance experience.
License / Certificate
Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
Pesticide Applicators Certificate, Irrigation Auditor Certificate, and/or Certified Arborist License are desirable.
to read the full job description.