Irvine Ranch Water District is seeking a Planning Associate Engineer with solid interpersonal skills looking to join a highly motivated team that interacts with multiple departments and other agencies in the Orange County area. The incumbent will under minimal supervision, and with minimal specialized technical assistance, perform planning related engineering work, and have responsibility for moderately complex projects. The individual should be comfortable working in teams, and with close interaction with all levels of the organization.
Summary of Duties:
- Act as Project Engineer primarily for planning projects with support for capital design and development services.
- Assist in developing future repair and rehabilitation capital improvement program
- Assist in running and updating IRWD's Replacement Planning Model
- Prepare capital budget and assist in analysis of the Long-Term Capital Program.
- Participate in interagency coordination between IRWD and other local and regional agencies. This entails providing Engineering review and guidance for existing interagency agreements.
- Participate in planning and feasibility studies associated with water, sewer, and recycled water distribution and treatment.
- Assist in developing updates to Water Resources Master Plan and Sewer Collection System Master Plan along with more specific, "Sub-Area Master Plans" for new developments.
- Run and maintain distribution system hydraulic models in Infowater and InfoSWMM software packages.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a variety of records.
- Provide technical support of water, wastewater, and irrigation system operational requirements.
- Prepare agenda items and supporting material for Committee and Board action.
- Prepare and check contract drawings for correctness.
- Prepare progress estimates and recommend change orders/variances.
- Coordinate projects and maintain good relationships with representatives from other water agencies, city, county, regulatory agencies, Cal Trans and landowners.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Responsible for all other work-related duties.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field and three years of engineering experience and registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of California is required.
- Operate personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, email, internet, and database software. Access Database, Excel, and GIS experience is highly desired.
*Four years of additional experience – for a total of seven years of engineering experience - will be qualifying without registration as a P.E.
- Depending on assignment, a valid California Class "C" driver's license may be required.
- State of California Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration.
For a detailed job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits