The City of Pewaukee has an opening for full-time Chief Engineer for the Streets & Development division with an anticipated start date of September 14, 2020. The starting annual salary is between $70,000 ~ $80,000 depending upon qualifications and experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
The Chief Engineer –Streets & Development performs diversified engineering work including planning, design, project management, mechanical and computer-aided drafting (utilizing AutoCAD) for the creation of construction plans/specifications, updating maps; creating modern information management techniques and computerization of public works records, planning, designing and directing municipal civil engineering projects related primarily to streets and city mapping and development and assisting in drainage systems, sanitary sewer systems, municipal water systems and city mapping, and related work as apparent or assigned.
Examples of the specific duties for this position include:
· Assist the Public Works Director/City Engineer in the provision of professional engineering services to the resident and corporate customers of the City. Investigate and respond to inquiries/complaints in a timely manner.
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of the goals, objectives and policies of the City; recommend planning for future operations.
· Assist in the development of the budget for Engineering Division; approve expenditures for Engineering Division.
· Supervise Civil Engineers and Engineering Technicians. Recommend new hires, evaluate and discipline employees; evaluate job performance and provide for effective job training; assign, monitor and coordinate work.
· Provide professional engineering services for the City of Pewaukee including:
o Review development plans and submittals for conformance to City Standards/Ordinances, state and federal regulations.
o Coordinate Public Works Construction project administration/design, including the annual street paving program.
o Develop and implement a 5 year paving program and a pavement preservation plan.
o Consultant liaison.
Please see full job description for entire list.
Qualified applicants will possess 1) a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, 2) at least 10 years’ experience working in Civil Engineering or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will also be considered, 3) Wisconsin Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment, 4) extensive knowledge of Civil Engineering and engineering survey and design; thorough knowledge of public works construction; working knowledge of drafting and computer applications to engineering, 5) knowledge of state laws and municipal ordinances governing public works in order to design, oversee, implement and inspect more complex projects in accordance with same, 6) ability to direct the work of others; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other divisions, and the public; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. See full job description for entire list of knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed in this position.
Completed applications are mandatory and can be found online at the Employment Opportunities page of the City of Pewaukee website, www.cityofpewaukee.us.
Applications must be received by August 21, 2020.
The City of Pewaukee is an equal opportunity employer.