Salary: $42,868.80 - $47,000.00
Join our newly formed Business Administration Office as an integral team member at the intersection of finance, data, and technology. Do you have a fiscal background, the ability to adopt new Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, like Smartsheet, and a passion for helping others learn new technologies? Are your Excel skills beyond pivot tables and ready to understand why the “M” in Power Query M Formula Language truly stands for “Magic!”
If you enjoy cross-function collaboration, this position has a unique opportunity to develop and maintain custom business operation solutions. You will work dynamically with our contracting, procurement, and other administrative teams, giving you a broader experience than a typical financial analysis role.
- Update and monitor Spend Plan projections and budget requests
- Reconciliation of monthly Field Service billings
- Create monthly internal billing journal entries
- Assist with financial analysis and ad hoc reports
- Publish and archive monthly financial reports in Power BI
Data Management and IT Support:
- Daily refresh of financial data supporting departmental Spend Plans and integrated system data.
- Assist with blending data from various enterprise systems, including Power BI, Cartegraph, ArcGIS, OneSolution, GovMax, OnBase, Maximo, Microsoft Office 365, and other APIs.
- Develop Smartsheet solutions, and manage workspaces, including account management, data integrity, and ad hoc requests.
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with three (3) years job-related experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the job-related field; one-year job-related experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of related professional experience can be substituted for the degree at management discretion.
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30 days off in your 1st year!)