Salary: 55,660-73,658 yearly
This position serves as the Fleet Operations and Services Manager. Responsibilities include certain and specific managerial duties associated with the acquisition, lease, maintenance, repairs and disposal of vehicles and equipment which make up the City’s fleet. Specific to maintenance and repair, this position serves as a liaison between the City’s contracted fleet services providers and all department heads concerning all aspects of preventive and scheduled maintenance and repairs.
• Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.This position serves as the Fleet Operations and Services Manager. Responsibilities include certain and specific managerial duties associated with the acquisition, lease, maintenance, repairs and disposal of vehicles and equipment which make up the City’s fleet. Specific to maintenance and repair, this position serves as a liaison between the City’s contracted fleet services providers and all department heads concerning all aspects of preventive and scheduled maintenance and repairs.
• Coordinates with Fleet Maintenance Supervisor the daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors work activities and inspects completed work; confers with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
• Develops and implements appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and work place policies appropriate for fleet maintenance functions. Develops and implements appropriate training program that includes Automotive Service Excellence for light and heavy duty vehicle maintenance and repairs as well as maintenance and repair of emergency vehicles. Provides internal training to the Fleet personnel on safety, vehicle maintenance and fleet software. Prepare periodic reports on fleet inventory, supply inventory, and training needs.
• Responsible to maintain the Fleet inventory using the fleet database software and maintain data for the financial Internal Fleet Services Leasing Fund Model.
• Assists with the compilation of budget information specific to contract and non-contract costs and establishes adequate controls to ensure adherence to budgetary / financial goals and objectives of the City in-order to lease/purchase vehicles and equipment. Reviews and approves departmental fleet specification requirements and administers the bidding and purchasing/quoting and leasing of fleet vehicles. Provide input/recommendation for necessary components of Fleet Services internal service fund cost recovery rates.
• Works with departments to establish (and monitor adherence to) a preventive maintenance program including, but not limited to, oil changes, battery / fluid checks, tire repairs, brakes and any other routine maintenance services to ensure the safe and reliable operation of city vehicle’s and equipment.
• Conducts standing meetings with department representatives for continuous process improvement purposes ensuring all aspects of fleet operations are being effectively managed on an on-going basis.
• Responsible for the development and communication of any and all fleet policies and procedures to outside fleet service providers, department heads and applicable City staff.
• Complete and maintain vehicle / equipment registrations including all tag and title documentation and work with Risk Management to ensure all City vehicles and equipment are adequately valued and insured.
• Obtain good working knowledge of fleet and fuel maintenance software applications / programs and develop effective reporting infrastructure for dissemination and review of fleet service information by department heads and other interested parties.
• Work with department heads, fleet service providers, purchasing manager and risk management to assist in the acquisition and disposal of vehicles and equipment which make up the City fleet. Analyzes, negotiates and administers contracts for fleet purchases/leases.
• Establishes policies and procedures and monitors fleet operations to ensure organizational compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, regulations and or / ordinances.
• Work closely with Risk Management to develop and incorporate City safety and accident prevention programs designed to mitigate the risk of damage or injury to City employees, citizens, public and personal property.
• Acts as liaison with other public and private agencies and provides information to county departments, the public, and agency representatives on divisional activities.
• Assigns and reassigns personnel and equipment to meet fleet maintenance and operational needs along with verifying City drivers’ current (MVR) motor vehicle report and current license status.
• Plans, directs, and organizes the activities of the Fleet Services Division providing acquisition, repair, maintenance, inspection, inventory, and assignment services for city departments.
• Minimum of Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• 5 years of experience in automotive service / repair with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license. Commercial driver’s license desired.
• Possess or obtain and maintain three (3) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications.
• Certified Public Fleet Professional/Certified Automotive Fleet Manager preferred
• Two (2) years’ experience as a Fleet Team leader in a Municipal Fleet or an equivalent position for a government/private fleet operation, automotive/truck/equipment dealership or large shop operation.
• Two (2) years’ experience preparing technical specifications for vehicles and equipment in a large public or private agency utilizing a wide variety of light and heavy vehicles and equipment.