DIRECTOR OF TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING (TRAFFIC ENGINEERING): Responsible for all aspects of Traffic and Transportation issues to include forecasting, planning/programming of future transportation needs, implementation of transportation related projects, and maintenance of traffic control equipment. Duties include overseeing revisions and updates to the County Transportation Model; evaluation of traffic impact studies and site access plans; management of transportation network/needs, neighborhood traffic calming and traffic signals. The position works with the Community Development Department on transportation elements of the County’s Comprehensive Plan including future roadway needs, functional classification, bicycle, pedestrian, transit plans, and identifies funding sources/strategies. In addition, the County Transportation and Traffic Engineer provides review, analysis and recommendations of the countywide signing, pavement markings and traffic signals.
• Professional Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with concentration in Traffic Engineering
• Master’s degree in Engineering and/or Business Management preferred
• Seven (7) years of related work experience to include traffic signal coordination, timing and evaluation software, Arc GIS software, AutoCAD/MicroStation, traffic signal and traffic control equipment
• Three (3) years supervisory experience
• International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Level 2 certification
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Products
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.