Salary: $114,000 - $177,000 yearly
The Director of Planning for the City of Virginia Beach will lead a highly skilled planning and community development team that is governed by the City’s Code, Charter, and Administrative Directives. S/he will develop a forward thinking strategic vision, have strong knowledge and skills in land use, and lead a dynamic team of planning professionals in the vision and development of our City.
Other duties include:
• Supervise the preparation and maintenance of the City's Comprehensive Plan (including transportation), applying it to planning development and growth.
• Provide oversight in the coordination and monthly rezoning, use permit, and other planning item agendas for Planning Commission and City Council.
• Communicate with developers, citizens, and other community groups fostering development opportunities.
• Coordinate all phases of the land development review process.
• Represent City's position to various state, federal and local agencies in various administrative, legislative, or judicial proceedings.
• Coordinate planning efforts in preparation of capital improvement programs along with other City departments and boards and commissions as necessary.
• Provide oversight of State Uniform Building Codes, state and local stormwater requirements, and requirements specified by the State Department of Environmental Quality.
• Lead the preparation and dissemination of pertinent community related information to ensure that the data is accurate and representative.
Click here for more details on this opportunity.