Salary: $4931.51 - $5992.31
THE POSITION: Under supervision, this class performs work of average difficulty involving various technical traffic operations duties; assists in the inspection of construction of traffic signal systems; tests new traffic signal equipment and software; maintains a traffic control devices inventory; performs turning movement counts; evaluates traffic signal timing; evaluates existing traffic signal operations for proper electronic systems operation; assists in the review of traffic signal plans submitted by consulting engineers; and performs other work as required.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The following typical tasks and responsibilities are representative of the position's essential duties. They are descriptive, not limited. Essential Duties: Assists construction inspectors with inspection of traffic signal, system construction and modification projects. Click here to view the full job description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applications will be accepted only for those applicants who clearly demonstrate on the COMPLETED City Application, Resume, and Supplemental Questionnaire that they have:
• Graduated from high school or G.E.D., including or supplemented by courses in electronics, AND;
• Four (4) years combined experience in the repair and maintenance of microprocessor traffic signal equipment, inspection of traffic signal system construction projects and design, analysis and implementation of traffic signal timing plans, OR;
• An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the capabilities to perform the described duties
• Possession of a valid California Class "C" driver's license.
• Highly desirable: Possession of an IMSA certificate in signal maintenance and operations.
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of: Operation and maintenance of state-of-the-art electronics and computer-controlled traffic signal systems, including but not limited to, the California 170 traffic controller and peripheral equipment; Trafficware Synchro program for traffic signal timing and coordination is desirable. Ability to: Read and interpret construction plans for traffic signals and related construction; Inspect construction projects and perform checks of signal operations; Perform maintenance on complex electronic equipment; Modify traffic signal timing based on study results and standard specification revisions. Skill in: The use of electronic test equipment and operation of state-of-the-art traffic signal controller equipment. Physical Conditions or Special Working Conditions: Must be willing to work indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions.