Perform engineering work related to the analysis, investigation, development, review, operations, maintenance, and design of existing and proposed water and wastewater systems.
$52,370.00 - $70,045.00 Annually
- Review plans and specifications submitted by engineers for public and private projects to assure that they are in compliance with the City development codes and ordinances.
- Confer and work with the Planning and Development Services Department regarding new development, growth, Master Plans, subdivisions, site plans, etc. Attend Pre-Application Conferences for development projects. Identify opportunity for oversize participation and participate in the creation of development agreements.
- Engage in engineering research, prepare engineering reports, attend meetings and make presentations as required, analyze modeling computations to ensure accuracy, and prepare and submit time and material estimates.
- Confer with and advise inspectors of construction projects and conduct inspections of projects during construction. Participate in reaching decisions as to necessary field changes.
- Work on special projects and reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Graduate Engineer I
Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering. Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of date of hire. Valid Texas Driver's License.
Graduate Engineer II
Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering and two (2) to four (4) years of civil engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of date of hire. Valid Texas Driver License.
Experience in municipal government. Knowledge of industry standard computer programs (EPANET, EPASWMM, Innovyze InfoWater, Innovyze InfoSewer, Auto CAD, etc.). Management or supervisory experience. Public speaking experience.