The City of Springfield is seeking to fill a Traffic Operations Engineer (Civil Engineer) position.
Salary: $66,560- $93,184, depending on qualifications
Closes: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 11:59pm
Summary of Essential Duties:
Duties may include:
• Signal system engineering and operations which includes: signal timing, changing traffic patterns, signal software and hardware malfunction
resolution, technology assessment and implementation, managing customer interactions with clients, and managing safety orders.
• Communication system engineering and operations: Legacy analog telephone wire and modem malfunction resolution, digital radio system commissioning and malfunction resolution, technology assessments and recommendations.
• Illumination system engineering and operations: manage vendor relations and contracts, technology change assessment for light source and for controls, wire theft area identification prevention, failing underground feed scope identification, manage testing of wood poles and replacement.
• Develop, design, plan review and inspection of construction projects, both publicly funded and privately funded.
• Intake, collection of data, data analysis and recommendations for citizen service requests
• Manage Traffic operations such as: Transit (LTD) use of right of way for stops and EMX facilities, special events (parades, marathons, etc.), encroachment permits, create "on-call" contracts for support of Operations Division for electrical repairs and new work, and manage speed zone requests with Oregon Department of Transportation.
• Support and guide transportation planning projects which includes content review and comment
• Support other programs as needed, such as Springfield Utility Board electrical distribution and transformer changes, and illumination planning.
For the complete Traffic Operations Engineer (Civil Engineer)/ Technical Analyst job descriptions, please see the City’s classifications page: https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/classifications-pay-scales/
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/careers/ to learn more about this job posting and to apply. ONLY applications received through our website will be considered for the position.
Please contact Human Resources at 541-726-3705 if you have any questions. EOE.