Field Engineering Supervisor – Inspections
Help Create Our Future!
Position: Lane County Public Works (Eugene, OR) seeks a Field Engineering Supervisor / Engineering Analyst for its Engineering & Construction Services Division’s Inspections Section.
Note: Position pays a 5% differential for Oregon Registered P.E. or 3% differential for an E.I.T.
This position will -
• Supervise and manage the Department’s Construction Inspections and Utility Permitting staff.
• Direct on-site field inspections; ensuring compliance with city, state, and federal requirements and sound engineering practice, and accepting or rejecting construction materials.
• Perform contract documentation on complex projects.
• Compute quantities for asphalt overlays, and review and record project data.
• Provide technical engineering support to staff, contractors, the public, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in field related to area of assignment such as Civil Engineering, Surveying, Environmental Science, Geography, Construction Services, GIS, etc., or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Five – Eight years of progressively responsible experience in a related area.
• Oregon Driver’s License required at time of appointment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Lane County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act and would like to request an accommodation, you may request an accommodation during the online application process, or request an accommodation by contacting the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date at 541-682-3124.