This position manages and coordinates the staffing and operational activities for the repair, maintenance, installation of streetlights, traffic signals, traffic signs, pavement markings and school beacons. This position will ensure team goals align with department and citywide performance goals focusing on technology, asset condition and equity. This position also ensures adherence to relevant standards by reviewing construction plans including traffic signal design, sign and marking plans for compliance to TMUTCD and city standards and policies, coordinating assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies and the general public; and providing highly responsible and complex staff assistance to senior management personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from a University with an engineering program accredited by the Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology.
· Five (5) years or more of progressively responsible traffic and transportation engineering experience
· Two (2) years of administrative and supervisory responsibility
· Position duties also require extensive public contact, strong interpersonal leadership, and excellent communications skills.
· Thorough understanding of municipal government engineering desired.
· Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) preferred.
· Preference may be given to higher levels of education, municipal government experience and certifications related to the vacancy.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
· Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas is required. If licensed another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer, within the State of Texas, within six (6) months of employment
· Class C driver’s license
· Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)