Under the Stormwater Utility GIS Analyst’s supervision, this internship will provide support in the development and quality assurance of data through digitizing, editing, creating and mapping of data, utilizing ArcGIS for desktop 10.7.1 This position will apply intermediate knowledge of GIS to a variety of data creation and development techniques, including research of property ownership, geo-referencing of plats and improvement plans and various field data collection duties.
Salary: $13.64 hourly
- Researches property ownership and boundaries and creates new data based upon aerial photography, geo-referenced improvement plans and subdivision plats.
- Attributes fields for data analysis and reporting in an accurate manner.
- Assists in creating basic maps and other presentations, and reports quality figures and edits existing data in order to correct and meet GIS standards for analysis.
- Assists other GIS users in basic skills.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Follows standard safety operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of geodatabases, spatial projections and coordinate systems and ESRI software.
- Knowledge and familiarity with ArcGIS 10.7.1 and spatial and tabular database management.
- Skill at a proficient level in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to conduct research and pull data from a variety of different sources.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
- Current graduate student in good standing working towards or desiring a degree in GIS, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Water Resources within an accredited program.
- Interest in GIS fundamentals and how they are applied to the field of civil engineering or water resources
- Experience with ArcGIS 10.7.1
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment.