City of La Grande, Oregon
Salary: $45,036 TO $55,200 (Plus Excellent Benefits Package)
Application Period Opens January 3, 2020 First Review of Applications (Open until filled) January 24, 2020
The City: La Grande is a small, neighborly community located at the edge of the Grande Ronde Valley, east of the Blue Mountains. It is the county seat of Union County, Oregon and home to Eastern Oregon University. Located directly on I-84, La Grande is connected with Portland (250 miles) to the west and Boise Idaho (175 miles) to the east. With low crime rates and plenty of activities for kids, La Grande is a great family city. The City boasts a beautiful, modern public library, as well as a public pool. You'll have to look hard to find traffic congestion, and are welcome to walk or bike through the historic downtown district. In addition to Eastern Oregon University, the city has a public school system that includes one high school, a middle school, and three elementary schools.
La Grande is a beautiful valley for the outdoor enthusiast. The beautiful rivers, valleys, and mountains afford everyone opportunities to enjoy one of the most scenic areas of Oregon. The Blue Mountains boast hunting, fishing, and many other outdoor sports. You'll love exploring the areas surrounding La Grande.
Utility Tech II
The City of La Grande is excited to offer a full-time Utility Tech II position for the Public Works Department in the Sewer Collection division. Our Department oversees and maintains the City’s roadways, water, storm, and sanitary sewer systems. This position is a wonderful opportunity to join a professional team. The Utility Tech II position offers a great career opportunity with outstanding benefits and room to grow and excel in your field of expertise.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position performs a variety of skilled, semi-skilled and manual tasks in the general construction, maintenance operation and repair of the City’s street, sewer and water facilities; does related work as required. Work may be performed with independence after the routine is learned and some incumbents are responsible for the completion of jobs without specific instruction or guidance.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED
• Four (4) years of experience in street, water, and/or sewer construction or maintenance work, including use of various types of equipment, or any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training that ensures the ability to perform the above duties.
• Position will require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid Oregon driver’s license (or ability to secure an Oregon driver’s license within one (1) month of hire date), and have an acceptable driving record. Use of personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage
• Possession of a valid Oregon Class ‘B’ Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Possession of a valid Oregon Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is desirable.
• Minimum certifications required will be: ? Wastewater Division –Class I and II Wastewater Collection.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Must complete and return a City of La Grande job application prior to the first review date to be considered in the first review. A City of La Grande Application Form and Job Description may be obtained from and returned to: City of La Grande/Human Resource Department Attn: Anita Zink 1000 Adams Avenue La Grande, Oregon, 97850 (541) 962-1319 firstname.lastname@example.org
**An application packet can also be obtained on the City of La Grande website at www.cityoflagrande.org **
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
SALARY: $3,753 - $4,600 per month, DOE BENEFITS: The City of La Grande offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick leave, holiday pay, and retirement. Retirement – Employer contribution 13%, employee contribution 1% on employee’s pre-tax monthly salary. Vacation – Accrual ranging from 96 -200 hours annually, based on years of service. Holidays – 10 paid holidays annually with 2 additional floating holidays. Sick Leave – 96 hours annually. HRA VEBA - Employer contribution toward a health reimbursement account when opting to take the insurance plan offered by the City. Additional Benefits – The City offers flexible spending accounts; alternate insurance for Accident, Cancer, and other policies offered through Aflac; additional life insurance coverage; Deferred Comp; and Air and Ground Ambulance Membership for employee and their family. Benefits are negotiated through the Employee Association Collective Bargaining Agreement and are subject to change as negotiated. CLOSING DATE: Friday, January 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM.