The City of Visalia is recruiting two Public Works Managers to lead various divisions within the Public Works Department. One will oversee Solid Waste Management, including residential, commercial, and recycling, and the other position will oversee Streets and Fleet Management, including street, traffic, and fleet maintenance. Each Public Works Manager will be responsible for leading and ensuring the efficient operations of their respective areas. In addition, the managers are also responsible for numerous complex projects, budget oversight, procurement, and contract negotiations and management.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor 's degree in Business or Public Administration or related field and;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in the management of public works field operations or related managerial experience preferably in Solid Waste, Street Maintenance, Traffic Maintenance and/or Fleet Management.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The City of Visalia offers a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Salary range: $90,405 - $113,654 Annually
- CalPERS retirement program
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Onsite City Health and Wellness Clinic (no out of pocket expenses)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave and much more...
For more information and application materials visit our website at www.visalia.city. Application filing deadline is Monday, February 24, 2020 at 5pm.