Salary: $63,303.00 - $69,633.00 (Yearly Salary)
Under administrative direction, the Public Utilities Assistant Manager assists, supports in the supervision, oversight, direction, and coordination of activities related to the development, installation, operation, and maintenance of the City’s Public Utilities infrastructure, facilities, and systems.
Current recruitment is for the Water Production Assistant Manager (Drinking Water Treatment Plants)
• Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates activities related to water supply, water distribution, reclaimed water, wastewater treatment or wastewater collection; reviews the plans for improvements or rehabilitation to the system, and provides technical support to ensure the progress of activities in the field related to the construction of the improvements
• Coordinates, plans, and manages the utilities division maintenance tasks and activities; works in collaboration with other managers and supervisors to troubleshoot utility problems and provides support for various maintenance requirements; oversees the keeping of maintenance management documentation on equipment, drawings, and reference manuals.
• Manages, monitors, and coordinates the work of outside contractors performing work on various Utility Division projects; serves as an administrative point of contact and ensures that all work is done timely and effectively.
• Reviews, evaluates, and checks project documentation from consultants, architects, and engineers for compliance with all relevant regulations, codes, guidelines, and policies; identifies errors or discrepancies, gathers appropriate information, and recommends effective resolutions.
• Hires, manages, evaluates, mentors, schedules personnel within their division.
• Supervises and oversees professional, para-professional, and technical personnel; assists in the formulation and implementation of policies and program objectives; conducts studies to develop improved methods and practices for operation.
• Advises and communicates with departments and regulatory agencies regarding scheduled and unscheduled water distribution outages, wastewater collection outages and treatment plant outages; handles emergent situations when needed and provides quick response to collect information and ensure uninterrupted services and quick maintenance.
• Prepares, drafts, and assists with the creation of various requests for proposals; processes project approvals, and manages various other related documents submitted through the division.
• Performs training and testing for the Public Utilities personnel; ensures all necessary activities and testing are completed for licensing and basic safety standards; ensures changes to policies are communicated effectively.
• Assists in the preparation and implementation of the budget for the Public Utilities division; makes
recommendations and develops sound financial policies for resource allocation; prepares reports and
• Develops and presents performance indicator documents and various departmental and process
• Assist in the preparation and submittal of state and federal reports.