The posted salary includes a 4% COLA annual effective July 2022. Additionally, there is a 4% COLA effective annualy each July 2023, 2024 and 2025.
Salary: $90,002.00 - $109,398.00 Annually
The City of Lathrop is currently in the process of recruiting a Streets and Maintenance Operations Manager. As one of the fastest growing Cities in California, we are a small city that is experiencing extensive growth. This exciting time comes with great growth and opportunities to join an awesome team of committed employees making Lathrop a great place to Live, Work and Play! This position is responsible for the administration of all operations of their assigned division and division personnel. These management level positions will play a pivotal role in both our current and future operations and continued growth of the City.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (included but not limited to)
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Manage, direct, and organize street services, including street and sidewalk repair and maintenance; replacement and repair of street signs and streetlights; and street sweeping.
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget, including developing estimates of funding needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; and recommending capital equipment purchases, including vehicles, infrastructure, and heavy equipment. Administer the approved budget.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing streets and maintenance operations services; identify resource needs; review needs with management staff; allocate resources.
- Manages Fleet and Heavy Equipment maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with consultant contracts, solicit and collect bids for new equipment and contracted maintenance work.
- Participate in the selection and appointment of personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; recommend and implement discipline procedures.
- Research, compile, and analyze technical studies and reports; prepare staff reports on projects; and develop recommendations related to department activities
- Respond to complaints from the public; develop and implement solutions to complex and sensitive technical situations.
- Manages graffiti and trash removal in public areas.
- Directs maintenance and repair activities, including planning, estimating, scheduling, inspection, and monitoring work being performed.
- Manages City corporation yard organization, sign shop / signage.
- Manages the City street weed abatement and spraying program.
- Maintains work order management records.
- Interpret design drawings and maps.
- Performs related work as required by the Director of Parks, Recreation, and Maintenance Services.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for a Streets and Maintenance Operations Manager. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible street and maintenance experience in the public sector including the supervision and management of full time staff, and a high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by specialized coursework in pre-engineering or construction / maintenance technology.
License and Certifications:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class C California driver’s license and CPR certification.
For additional details and information, please view the full job posting in the applicaiton link.
Streets and Maintenance Operations Manager