$68,500.00 Plus Benefits
Purpose of Job:
Located in Fort Myers, the Gateway District serves approximately 4,500 water and sewer customers with a population of 15,000 residents. There is a significant commercial sector operating within the District. The COD is tasked with the operation and maintenance of landscaping, recreational facilities, streets and street lights, and stormwater management with a staff of 23. Position provides planning, direction, maintenance and operations of all public works in the District. This includes buildings, common areas, fleet, roads, parking areas, parks, sporting fields and pool, and the stormwater management system. Responsible for the public works components for development review and approval services within the District.. Assist with the management of all engineering and construction related projects or activities within the District. Recommends, develop and manages capital improvement projects for the District. Proposes, develops and manages operational and Capital Improvement Plan budgets. Directs, manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures relating to storm water management and drainage, provides technical support regarding projects or issues related to irrigation and storm water, ponds, drainage and roads.
, • Provides for, and ensure District's public works provide adequate services and insures customer satisfaction
• Direct all operational personnel including recommending selection, promotion or discharge, and other appropriate personnel actions
• Prepare evaluations for staff under direct supervision
• Maintain and enforce departmental rules and regulations
• Establish measurable goals and objectives for subordinates
• Develop and update Standard Operating procedures and maintenance schedules for the public works facilities and equipment. Insure that the assets are maintained, refurbished or replaced as needed
• Maintain regular contact with consulting engineers, construction project engineers, City, County, State and Federal agencies, professional and technical groups, and the public
• Monitor inter-governmental actions affecting public works
• Insure District compliance with all rules and regulations as required by the Florida Department of Transportation (FOOT), Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), the Florida Water Management Districts (WMD), Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA), and any federal, county and city regulatory agency having jurisdiction over District activities
• Inspect facilities and directs or takes corrective action for operational, mechanical, or electrical malfunctions including the parks, sports fields and lighting, and swimming pool.
• Attend meetings or provide technical support to the Committees of the District as directed
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Supervisors or the District Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
• Public Works and Stormwater Management experience necessary
• Local Government and Private Sector experience desired
• Oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience aligned with Government experience in public works including roads, drainage, stormwater systems and wetlands.
• Three years (minimum) of experience in the operation and maintenance of roads, drainage, stormwater systems, and related facilities
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Except for approved leave time, it is essential that the manager be onsite and at work five days a week, eight hours per day. Position is subject to on call work and emergency response. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Provide Cover Letter and Resume to:
Chris Shoemaker, District Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org 239.284.0350