As part of the City’s executive team, this position reports directly to the City Manager; plans, manages, oversees, and directs all functions, as well as the day-to-day operations and services of the Department including direct and indirect supervision of thirty-five full-time employees; manages crews in engineering, construction, water production, treatment, and distribution, street lighting, solid waste collection, sewer, waste water treatment, streets and pavement management, facilities and equipment maintenance; prepares, oversees and manages the department’s budget.
Salary: $120,948 - $146,988, Plus Generous Benefits
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following characteristics:
• Proven track record in municipal project management.
• Excellent management and customer service skills.
• Honest and ethical, and demonstrates the highest standards of professional conduct.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively guide, inspire and motivate Public Works Department staff.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Able to maintain open communication with staff and City officials and work cooperatively toward achieving the goals of the City.
Any combination equivalent to the following:
• Five-year experience in public works that includes three years in a management capacity, is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, is required, and a Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration is preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in California is highly desirable.