See our website for full job description and to apply: www.westernvawater.org/careers
Job Deadline: Sunday, February 10, 2019
Salary: $25.7391 - $29.6000 hourly
SUMMARY OF JOB
Performs and oversees a variety of activities and programs related to the Water Distribution System, Cross Connection & Backflow Prevention, Metering, and Non-Revenue Water reduction efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned or scheduled.
- Proficiency in regulations and best practices governing the operation, installation, repair, and maintenance of a public water distribution system.
- Proficiency in the best practices relating to the analysis, and reduction of Non-Revenue Water (NRW).
- Leads, plans, and coordinates efforts to protect the public water system through enforcement of state, local, and Authority regulations and best practices relating to cross connection and backflow prevention.
- Monitors, reviews, investigates, and makes recommendations to improve the water distribution system, NRW reduction efforts, cross connection & backflow prevention efforts, and overall system hydraulics.
- Coordinates projects with various internal/external, office and field personnel.
- Develops, collects, maintains, organizes, and distributes accurate data to support the reduction of NRW.
- Develops, collects, maintains, organizes, and distributes accurate data to support the prevention of cross connection and backflow.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and revision of; NRW, and cross connection and backflow prevention programs, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze water production, distribution, and metering systems to assist with optimization strategies.
- Utilize hydraulic models to analyze water distribution systems.
- Prepares technical reports on system improvements including recommendations on capital projects.
- Works with internal staff to understand water system operations and distribution and metering challenges.
- Performs water distribution system analyses to assist with data collection, monitoring, and reporting.
- Proficiently operates computer software including; hydraulic modeling, asset management and GIS systems, computer aided design (CAD), billing and Microsoft office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Provides design and drafting services and prepares detailed drawings for water projects using current AutoCAD software.
- Reviews and processes data collected by field instruments.