Salary Range: $7,139 - $9,568/month
Deadline: May 23, 2022 @ 12PM (noon)
The City of Mill Valley welcomes applications for the Public Works Supervisor (Parks) position.
Under general direction, the Public Works Supervisor assigned to the Parks Division plans, schedules, assigns, and supervises the work of crews engaged in municipal parks, landscapes, and tree maintenance. This position is at a full, first-line supervisory level; incumbent is responsible for the field supervision of crews implementing comprehensive parks, fields, golf course, landscapes, and tree maintenance programs.
Essential Duties and responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, assign and supervise the work of field crews and contractors engaged in parks, fields, golf course, landscapes, trees, steps, lanes and paths, and special projects work.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and material and the use of safe working methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Train, evaluate, and discipline assigned staff.
- Receive and respond to emergency calls and internal and external service requests.
- Administer Tree Management Plans, inspect and evaluate condition of City trees and direct work as needed.
- Monitor, inspect, and review work in progress and upon completion by City crews and contractors.
- Exercise control of annual Parks operating budget and assist in planning, preparation and administration of the annual budget.
- Order necessary authorized materials and recommend capital purchases.
- Maintain a variety of records and prepare reports.
- Assist/advise Parks and Recreation Commission and Tree Committee.
- Recommend Capital Improvement Projects.
- Oversee the construction of Capital Improvement Projects.
- Coordinate and manage volunteer projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.