STATIONARY ENGINEER II
County of San Mateo
$8,055 / Month
The County of San Mateo's Department of Public Works is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Stationary Engineer II - Extra Help. The journey-level Stationary Engineer II is responsible for a wide variety of repair and maintenance work in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, emergency power systems, boiler equipment and piping repair, Building Automation systems, and miscellaneous equipment repair.
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position, the ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years of journey-level experience as a Stationary Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with HVAC systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain a variety of equipment, including air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, light commercial furnaces, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers is essential.
- Experience in energy management and computer controlled systems is highly desired.
- Experience in a hospital or healthcare setting is highly preferred.
- License:Valid CA driver's license or equivalent. Some positions may require the successful candidate to acquire certification in Freon recovery and Backflow Prevention Tester within six months of employment.
- Education and Experience:Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way of qualifying is journey-level status as a stationary engineer and demonstrated proficiency in maintaining, installing, and repairing electrical, HVAC, plumbing, refrigeration and power equipment in a large building, plant, or vessel. Experience in energy management and computer controlled systems is highly desired.
- Other Requirements:Must be willing to work evening, weekend, and alternate shifts. Must successfully obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment.
Final Filing Date: October 22, 2020, 11:59pm
To apply, interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and responses to supplemental questions via email to Krysta Canorongan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the email should be "Application for the Stationary Engineer II - Extra Help." The supplemental questions can be found by visiting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2862461/stationary-engineer-ii-extra-help-open. EOE