$91,542.12 - $112,402.44 Annually
Due to current events and the statewide shelter-in-place order, all exam dates and locations are tentative. Applicants will be notified as further information becomes available. Applicants should also check their email on a regular basis for updates.
Oakland is experiencing an emerging urban renaissance of great significance. The appeal of living, working, and recreating in Oakland continues to draw new residents and a wider range of employers. Oakland is poised to experience continued growth and a corresponding upward demand for City services. Your work in this position will have an immediate impact on the City operations.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual who has the knowledge of Electrical Maintenance Operations and the skills necessary to facilitate in maintaining the City's street lighting and traffic signal infrastructures. The ideal candidate is willing to learn and acquire skills to enhance the department and provide an avenue for safety for the public.
The Electrical Construction & Maintenance Planner coordinate and plan the resources for electrical construction and maintenance services including materials, staffing and equipment; and monitor and report work order systems.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies that occur within the City including full-time and permanent part-time positions, if applicable.
* Click on the link below to see a video on what it's like to work for the City of Oakland!Working for the City of Oakland
Examples of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and monitor purchase orders and contracts for materials and contractors.
- Assist with the preparation of long-range and special maintenance plans.
- Coordinate electrical construction projects with City departments and other public agencies.
- Review and update maintenance stock levels of materials and make recommendations.
- Develop forms, procedures and documents for recording materials and work.
- Prepare reports on how staff hours utilization, work accomplished and work backlog.
- Research information and input data, operate a personal computer and analyze information to prepare a variety of reports regarding scheduling and completion of projects, maintenance, labor hours, and related information.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records related to construction, maintenance and repair processes and activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Application
Any combination of education and experience that is equivalent to the following minimum qualifications is acceptable.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Five years of experience as an electrician in the maintenance and repair of a variety of electrical systems and equipment.License or Certificate / Other Requirements:
None required.KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of electrical construction.
- Safety principles, practices, and procedures.
- Work analysis; cost estimating.
- Electrical equipment and materials.
- Proper preparation of drawings, plans and specifications.
- Prepare labor and materials estimates.
- Learn computer applications, including spreadsheets.
- Promote safe work practices.
- Prepare purchase orders, contracts and specification documents.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Prepare and analyze complex reports of a general or technical nature.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties