The City of Livermore is currently recruiting for a City Engineer in the Community Development department.
$12,837.50 - $16,046.87 Monthly
$154,050.00 - $192,562.44 Annually
To learn more about this exciting job opportunity please review the complete job brochure:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities & characteristics:
· Advance knowledge of principles and practices of modern civil, structural, hydraulic, sanitary and traffic engineering.
· Understanding the unique challenges of a large, complex City Engineering division.
· Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Exemplifies customer service and values and possesses high ethical and professional standards.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information and records.
· Self-starter who is quick to learn City and department policies and procedures, and can adapt quickly to changing conditions and work flow.
· Strong Project Manager.
· Ability to develop staff and implement new practices as required.
· Advanced knowledge of working with elected officials and staff from all levels throughout the City.
· Exceptional communicator able to make presentations to boards, commissions, City Council and community members.
Experience: Six years of progressively responsible professional civil engineering work with registration, including two years experience supervising engineering staff involved in a variety of public works and development projects. The best qualified candidate will have extensive and substantial experience leading, developing and managing teams.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university. Master’s degree in an applicable field is desirable.
License: Possession of a valid California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the City.
Other Requirements: Willingness and ability to work scheduled and emergency overtime; attend meetings, workshops and seminars during work and non-work hours as assigned.
Special Requirements: Registration in the State of California as a Professional Civil Engineer. Registration in California as a Land Surveyor is desirable, if civil engineering license does not cover land surveying.