Under supervision of the Stormwater Manager, responsible for effective operations for Beaufort County’s Stormwater Department. Oversees the planning, design and construction of Stormwater projects for the County. Performs duties requiring the analysis of broad and complex problems and planning of various interrelated functional departmental activities.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Civil Engineering preferred.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience including supervisory experience preferred.
• Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
• South Carolina Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer in Training or ability to obtain FE within six (6) months.
• SCDHEC, CEPSI , or CSPR certificates required or the ability to obtain within an appropriate time line determined with chosen candidate.
• Must posses and maintain a valid driver’s license.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.